Subsite Page Title
Main page content
In order to attract, develop, motivate and retain highly qualified and diverse talent, the University of Texas System Administration works to competitively match compensation at peer academic and research system institutions and general industry within System resources. This will be accomplished by establishing and maintaining pay bands that recognize the relative importance of internal salary relationships and external market factors in meeting the department and UT System Administration performance goals.
- Align compensation with peer university system administrations as well as regional and local organizations with which the UT System competes for talent;
- Recruit and retain a highly skilled and diverse workforce through a competitive compensation and reward them by providing opportunities to learn, grow and develop professionally;
- Periodic increases in salaries are primarily based on judgments of merit, guided by regular appraisal of individual work performance;
- Recognize and reward individual and group performance;
- Promote fiscally responsible pay decisions and ensure compliance with applicable laws and statutory requirements;
- UT System does not practice or tolerate unlawful discrimination in pay;
- Communicate the System’s philosophy, principles and programs to current and prospective employees so they are easily understandable and valued. Given UT’s status as a public institution, the compensation programs must meet the highest standards for transparency and compliance with legal requirements.