HR COVID Banner
HR Home Hero
We are dedicated partners focused on maximizing the value of human capital in alignment with the values and initiatives of UT System. We are committed to delivering quality customer service and encourage innovation to support and optimize the goals of UT System.
Severe Weather Public Assistance
The extreme winter conditions Texas experienced last week caused significant hardships for many. While power and water have been restored in Austin, we know some of you may still be dealing with the storm’s effects. To provide some assistance, we have compiled links to community response and recovery resources you may find helpful.
- The City of Austin and Travis County have posted updates and information regarding recovery efforts, including information on emergency repairs, debris clean-up, and other city resources: https://www.austintexas.gov/news/city-austin-and-travis-county-severe-weather-response-and-recovery-update-1
- Federal assistance may be available to assist with damage caused by the winter storms. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) provides information and guidance for filing claims: https://www.fema.gov/disaster/4586
- The IRS has announced that Texans affected by the winter storms may be able to postpone certain tax-filing and tax-payment deadlines: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-announces-tax-relief-for-texas-severe-winter-storm-victims
- The SBA provides low-interest disaster loans to help businesses and homeowners recover from declared disasters: https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/disaster-assistance
- The Central Texas Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (VOAD) exchanges and disseminates information among Central Texas VOAD member organizations and the public, as well as local, state and federal agencies, in conjunction with the individual Central Texas VOAD members: https://centraltxvoad.com/
We wish all a speedy recovery from the storm and continued health and safety!
UT System Internship Program
The Office of Talent and Innovation (OTI) is excited to enter the second year of our UT System Internship (UTSI) program. The paid, 10-week summer program dovetails project-based work experience with a robust professional development program, mentoring, and opportunities for self-reflection. Thanks to the hard work of the Supervisors, Mentors, and many departments involved, the pilot year was a great success and we are doubling the number of interns to 30 this year.
An integral part of UTSI is the mentoring component. Given the wealth of knowledge and expertise at UT System Administration, we would like to invite all interested to learn more about becoming a Mentor for the 2021 cohort by attending one of the following information sessions:
- Wednesday, 2/3/2021 – 2:00 PM-2:45 PM
- Friday, 2/5/2021 – 11:00-11:45 AM
- Tuesday, 2/9/2021 – 2:00 PM-2:45 PM
- Thursday, 2/11/2021 – 10:00 AM-10:45 AM
- Tuesday, 2/16/2021 - 2:00 PM-2:45 PM
- Wednesday, 2/17/2021 – 10:00 AM-10:45 AM
Identity Protection Services
With an increase in cybercrime, identity fraud and other malicious online crimes, we encourage you to take advantage of the Identity Protection Services offered through BlueCross BlueShield of Texas. Please visit Identity Protection Services to learn more.