As a result of the 2007, 80th Legislature, the State Employee Health and Fitness Act of 1983 was amended by House Bill 1297 to allow more flexibility to state agencies for administering their wellness program, including to allow employees 30 minutes during normal working hours for exercise three times each week.
UT System permits Wellness Leave to support our employees in regular physical fitness activities. Departments should follow the steps below to initiate Wellness Leave.
The employee will:
- Review HOP 3.3.1 Leave Policy, Sec. 9;
- Download the Wellness Leave Agreement;
- Complete & sign the agreement; and
- Submit the agreement to their manager for approval.
The manager will:
- Review the agreement and sign (if approved); and
- Send the signed agreement to the employee and department timekeeper.
Agreements will be maintained by the department. The Office of Talent & Innovation will not maintain copies.