Subsite Page Title
Main page content
- UT Population Health Strategic Plan: In this Population Health Strategic Plan for Fiscal Years 2019-2024, prepared at the request of the UT System Board of Regents, we outline a strategy focused on our institutions and their unique strengths and opportunities. Our institutions are committed not only to providing exceptional health care to their patients, but to working in partnership with their communities to identify and implement programs that will improve the health of all people and inform practices and standards across the United States.
- Texas Collaborative for Healthy Mothers and Babies (TCHMB): The Texas Collaborative for Healthy Mothers and Babies (TCHMB) is a multidisciplinary network made up of health professionals throughout the state whose mission is to advance health care quality and patient safety for all Texas mothers and babies. Website.
- Texas Safe Babies: In partnership with The University of Health Science Center at Tyler, and funded by the Department of Family and Protective Services, the UT System is evaluating hospital-based interventions that are designed to prevent abuse, especially abusive head trauma, in the first year after birth.
- Healthy Families: Healthy Families is an initiative, funded by the Texas Health and Human Services Commission, to identify and reduce disparities associated with infant mortality in Hidalgo and Smith Counties.
- Texas Health Improvement Network (THIN): The Texas Health Improvement Network (THIN) is a multi-disciplinary and multi-institutional collaboration designed to address urgent health care challenges in Texas. Website.
- Eliminate Tobacco Use: Eliminate Tobacco Use™ is a joint initiative of The University of Texas System and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center that seeks to create a tobacco-free culture on Texas campuses. Website.
- Mental Health Workgroup: The Chairs of the Psychiatry Departments at UT Health Institutions, non-UT Institutions, and local and state mental health department representatives are meeting regularly to discuss opportunities to improve coordination between the state and academic mental health.
- Healthier Texas Summit: The Healthier Texas Summit empowers leaders from diverse sectors across the state with the latest science and proven approaches to improve health where Texans live, learn, and work. Website.
- The Texas Collaborative for HIV Education and Prevention (TCHEP) is dedicated to reducing new HIV infections and ultimately ending the HIV epidemic in Texas by advancing evidence-informed clinical HIV preventive practices and processes. Website.