Main page content
It’s Not Too Late to Set Your New Year’s Resolutions!
We’ve got resources to help! All of these resources can be found, with more detail, on our UT System Living Well website.
Be more active?
- Try the 10K-A-Day activity tracking tool, available year-round at www.utlivingwell.com. This program challenges you to meet the goal of 10,000 steps per day, that you will track online, taking you through a variety of virtual global trails. You can connect your wearable fitness trackers such as FitBit or Jawbone, or connect a mobile app. Look out soon on the same website for our next annual UT System-wide Spring Activity Challenge.
- The annual UT System Living Well Heart Walk is coming up in February. At 10am on February 9, 2017, each of our UT System institutions will be hosting a Heart Walk gathering, where colleagues can meet up to walk 10 minutes together, in celebration of Heart Month and taking care of your heart.
- For retirees age 50 and above, we offer Silver Sneakers, providing access to fitness centers, group fitness classes, and more.
- Keep UT System Active: our Spring UT System Activity Challenge registration will open on March 19 to April 9. Make sure to mark your calendar as this will be a special challenge!
- Naturally Slim is weight loss program that teaches how to lose weight while still enjoying the foods you love. The next program of online classes will start this Spring. Keep an eye out for registration details.
- The BCBSTX Weight Management Program is a telephonic counseling program that can help you take weight off and keep it off.
- Cook at home for yourself and family members: Try the UT System Family Cookbooks, with recipes submitted by your UT System colleagues.
- Find your Local Gardens and Farmers Markets with a list compiled by UT System employees, to get fresh produce in your area.
- The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offers counseling to UTSELECT members at no cost to the member. Professional counselors can help with problems at home or work.
- The Blue 365 Discount Program can help alleviate financial stress by saving you money.
Take care of your health?
- Certain Preventive Care benefits are available at no cost to UTSELECT Medical plan members.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding support and resources are available to expecting and new parents.
- Tobacco cessation programs include counseling and pharmaceutical treatment at no cost.
- Heart health
- The Condition management program, administered by BCBSTX, provides professional counseling to help manage chronic health conditions and coordinate your medical care.
- The 24/7 Nurseline is available at all times for advice on how to care for an injury or illness and to tell you when it’s best to see a doctor for treatment.
Specialist Pharmacists with Express Scripts provide counseling to UTSELECT members regarding prescription medications. Specialist pharmacists can provide advice, answer questions, and help you manage your prescriptions.