UT System Regents to Meet in Austin on July 23 - 24
AUSTIN – The Board of Regents of The University of Texas System will meet Wednesday and Thursday, July 23 – 24, in Austin. The meetings will be on the 9th floor of Ashbel Smith Hall, 201 W. 7th Street.
Out-of-town reporters may view the open sessions of the meeting on Thursday via a live Webcast.
Parking for the news media will be available at the guard kiosk on Colorado Street between 7th and 6th Streets.
The Agenda Books for the meetings are available online.
Wednesday, July 23
The Board’s Special Compensation Committee will convene in open session at 9:00 a.m. and immediately recess into executive session.
The meeting will adjourn at approximately 12:00 p.m.
Thursday, July 24
The Board will convene in open session at 9:00 a.m. for a joint meeting of the UT System Board of Regents and The University of Texas Investment Management Co. (UTIMCO) Board of Directors; agenda items include:
- Report on UTIMCO investment objectives and performance
- Update regarding centralization of operating funds
- Discussion of UT System financial resources and assets managed by UTIMCO
- Report on UTIMCO investment strategy
The joint meeting will adjourn at approximately 11:25 a.m.
The UT System Board of Regents will then convene in open session at approximately 11:30 a.m. to discuss a resolution to honor the heroism of the late Mr. Roger Winslow Stone, a longtime employee of the UT Medical Branch – Galveston.
The Board will recess into executive session at approximately 11:40 a.m.; agenda items include:
- Consideration of recommendation of hearing tribunal regarding faculty member at UT San Antonio
- Discussion of personnel matters, legal issues and negotiated gifts
The Board will reconvene in open session at approximately 3:00 p.m. to consider several posted agenda matters.
The meeting will adjourn at approximately 4:30 p.m.