Kirk Tames is the Executive Director of Real Estate ad interim. Attorneys are Mark Bentley, Ha Dao, and Marty Novak. Real Estate Officers are Geoff Richards, Derek Silva, and Ed Walts, and Ashley Bear is the Portfolio Manager.
Staff are Nina Burke, Cathy Dineen, Tina Faltysek, Lisa O'Bryan-Basquez, Linda Sarrels, and Beth Thomas.
The Real Estate Office provides centralized and comprehensive real estate services for the 15 institutions within the UT System. Services include:
- Provision of a comprehensive range of professional expertise and resources for campus real estate transactions, including planning and feasibility analyses, purchases, easements, and leases.
- Management, sales, and leases of surface interests in real property donated or bequeathed to a U. T. institution.
- Evaluation of proposed gifts and bequests of surface interests in real property and assistance to the institutions with respect to such gifts and bequests.
- Processing of required approvals for real estate transactions from U. T. System officials, the Board of Regents and the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
- Coordination with the Office of Risk Management with respect to environmental and insurance issues.
- Coordination with county appraisal districts and tax offices with respect to property tax issues and exemptions.
- Provision of guidance and assistance to the institutions for compliance with policies and laws governing real property and real property transactions.
Note: Mineral interests are handled by University Lands