Kirk Tames is the Executive Director of Real Estate and Derek Silva is the Assistant Director of Real Estate. Ha Dao, Thomas Groce, and Ed Walts are Senior Attorneys for the group. Real Estate Officers are Junior Real Estate Officer Nina Burke and Senior Real Estate Officers Geoff Richards and Ed Walts. Ashley Kipp serves as Portfolio Manager.
Staff are Tina Faltysek, Lisa O'Bryan-Basquez and Crystal Tibuni.
The Real Estate Office provides centralized and comprehensive real estate services for the 14 institutions within the UT System. Services include:
- Provision of a comprehensive range of professional expertise and resources for campus real estate transactions, including planning and feasibility analyses, purchases, easements, and leases.
- Management, sales, and leases of surface interests in real property donated or bequeathed to a U. T. institution.
- Evaluation of proposed gifts and bequests of surface interests in real property and assistance to the institutions with respect to such gifts and bequests.
- Processing of required approvals for real estate transactions from U. T. System officials, the Board of Regents and the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
- Coordination with the Office of Risk Management with respect to environmental and insurance issues.
- Coordination with county appraisal districts and tax offices with respect to property tax issues and exemptions.
- Provision of guidance and assistance to the institutions for compliance with policies and laws governing real property and real property transactions.
To submit a transaction to the U. T. System Real Estate Office for assignment, please fill out the intake form using the link above. Be sure to include any supportive documentation in your email.
If there are questions or concerns, please contact the U. T. System Real Estate Office main line at (512) 499-4333.