Page title

Changes to Degree Programs

Main page content

Requests Submitted to THECB

Effective July 1, 2021, the following degree program change requests should be submitted by campuses to the THECB directly:

  • Semester Credit Hour Change

  • CIP Code Change 

  • Degree Title/Name Change 

  • Degree Designation Change 

  • Expansion of existing bachelor’s and master’s programs to include Distance, Hybrid Modality, and off-campus face-to-face delivery (except for doctoral and professional practice programs)

  • Expansion of existing bachelor's and master's programs to self-sustaining mode of operation

In order to ensure OAA compliance with Regents’ Rules, OAA will be automatically notified when institutions submit these changes to the THECB.


Degree Program & Admin Unit Change Requests Approval Workflow

UT Degree Program Changes Approval Workflow Image 12.1.21


Requests Submitted to OAA

Requests regarding program closures, admission changes, and other miscellaneous requests should be submitted to the Office of Academic Affairs.

Please submit these requests and related documents using the appropriate forms to to the Academic Affairs Proposal Intake Form.