AUSTIN – The Board of Regents of The University of Texas System will meet Wednesday and Thursday, November 11 - 12, in Austin. The meetings will be on the 9th floor of Ashbel Smith Hall, 201 W. 7th Street.
Parking for the news media will be available at the guard kiosk on Colorado Street between 7th and 6th Streets.
The Agenda Book  for the meeting is available online.
Wednesday, Nov. 11
10:00 a.m. – Academic Affairs Committee
The Board will convene in open session at 11:30 a.m. and immediately recess into executive session; agenda items include:
- Discussion and appropriate action regarding legal issues, negotiated gifts, real estate and personnel matters
- Consideration of individual personnel matters related to the appointment of Robert S. Nelsen, Ph.D., as president of UT Pan American
Any action will be taken in open session.
Committee meetings will resume at 1:00 p.m.
1:00 p.m. – Finance and Planning Committee
2:00 p.m. – Facilities Planning and Construction Committee
3:00 p.m. – Health Affairs Committee
4:00 p.m. – Audit, Compliance, and Management Review Committee; agenda items include:
- Report on results of the audits of funds managed by The University of Texas Investment Management Company (UTIMCO)
Thursday, Nov. 12
8:00 a.m. – Special Meeting of the Health Affairs Committee
9:30 a.m. – Student, Faculty, and Staff Campus Life Committee
The Board will reconvene in open session at approximately 10:30 a.m.; agenda items include:
- Proposed appointment of Regent Printice L. Gary to the Board of Directors of The University of Texas Investment Management Company (UTIMCO)
- Proposed appointment of Mrs. Vivien Hester Caven as a Regental Representative to the UT Austin Intercollegiate Athletics Council for Women
- Appointment of John P. Howe, III, M.D., as President Emeritus at UT Health Science Center – San Antonio
- Annual accountability report on research and technology transfer
- Report on activities of the Office of Federal Relations in Washington, D.C.
The meeting will adjourn at approximately 12:00 p.m.