The University of Texas System Board of Regents discussed and took action on several agenda items on May 2 and 3. Highlights of the meeting include:
- Establishment of medical schools in South Texas and Austin 
- Agreement to pay The University of Texas at Austin $13.2 million  in lieu of resident undergraduate tuition and fee increases for the next two years and to allocate $16 million over the next two years to be allocated in a way that the eight other UT academic institutions can effectively eliminate or greatly reduce proposed tuition and fee increases for the next two years
- Announcement of the winners of the Regents' Outstanding Student Awards : Joseph Choi, pianist at UT Austin and members of the Hill-Country Reed Trio at UT Austin, Jonathon Pearson Altizer, bassoon, Angela Park, oboe, and Stephanie Chung, clarinet.
- Approval of a $10,000 degree program  at UTPB
- Update on the Transformation In Medical Education (TIME) initiative