AUSTIN – The University of Texas System Board of Regents will meet at 9 a.m. Thursday, July 10, in Austin. The meeting will take place on the ninth floor of Ashbel Smith Hall, 201 W. 7th St.
The agenda book and link to the live webcast for the meeting are posted online. Parking for news media is available at the guard kiosk on Colorado Street between 6th and 7th streets.
Board agenda items include:
- Joint meeting of the Academic Affairs Committee and Facilities Planning and Construction Committee
- Joint meeting of the Health Affairs Committee and Facilities Planning and Construction Committee
- Meeting of the Board in open session
- Discussion and consideration of Tuition Revenue Bond (TRB) proposals from academic and health institutions
- Amendment to Regents’ Rules and Regulations related to the confidentiality and security of education records subject to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Appointments to the University Lands Advisory Board
- Discussion and consideration of the establishment of Doctor of Medicine degree programs at UT Austin and UT Rio Grande Valley
- Discussion and consideration of admission requirements for UT Rio Grande Valley
- Discussion and consideration of approval to enter into an affiliation agreement with Central Health for operation of the Dell Medical School at UT Austin
- Discussion and consideration of best practices in admissions processes for UT System institutions
- Executive Session
- Discussion and consideration of proposed negotiated gifts for individual campuses
- Discussion and appropriate action concerning employment of William C. Powers, Jr., as president of The University of Texas at Austin