UT System Regents to Meet in Tyler May 14 - 15
AUSTIN – The University of Texas System Board of Regents will hold its next meeting on Wednesday and Thursday, May 14 - 15, in Tyler. Meetings on both days will be in the Ornelas Activity Center, 3402 Old Omen Road on The University of Texas at Tyler campus.
Parking for the news media will be available at the Ornelas Activity Center.
The agenda book for the meeting is available online.
Wednesday, May 14
The health affairs committee will hold a special meeting from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. in the Ballroom prior to the Board meeting.
The Board will convene at 12:00 p.m. and immediately recess to executive session in Room 140 to discuss negotiated gifts, personnel, legal and real estate matters. Any action will be taken in open session.
The Board will reconvene in open session at approximately 1:15 p.m.
Board committee meetings are scheduled to begin at approximately 1:30 p.m. in the Ballroom of the Ornelas Activity Center.
1:30 p.m. – Facilities Planning and Construction Committee
2:30 p.m. – Health Affairs Committee; agenda items include:
- Code Red Report, 2008 Recommendations of the statewide Task Force on Access to Health Care in Texas
3:30 p.m. – Academic Affairs Committee; agenda items include:
- Discussion on academic leadership matters – differentiated institutional missions
4:30 p.m. – Concurrent meetings of the Audit, Compliance, and Management Review Committee (Room 140) and the Student, Faculty, and Staff Campus Life Committee (Ballroom)
The meeting will recess at approximately 5:30 p.m.
Thursday, May 15
9:00 a.m. – Finance and Planning Committee; agenda items include:
- Overview of UT System debt programs
- Results of standardization of banking services for UT System institutions
10:00 a.m. – General meeting of the Board (Ballroom); agenda items include:
- Presentation of the Accountability and Performance Report for 2007-2008 and request to accept report
- Presentation on the UT Systemwide Endowment Compliance Program
- Approval to fund the Biodefense Postdoctoral Fellowship Program in partnership with Sandia National Laboratories
The meeting will adjourn at approximately 12:00 p.m.