Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.

UT Matters. Headlines and happenings from around the System

How Innovation, Adaptation will Strengthen our Institutions

Posted by Chancellor Francisco Cigarroa

on Thursday, May 12, 2011

Chancellor Francisco G. Cigarroa, M.D.Chancellor Francisco G. Cigarroa, M.D.I was given the opportunity to address the University of Texas System Board of Regents this morning at its quarterly meeting, and I wanted to share my remarks with you.

I used the occasion to express my observations about why our universities must be innovative and adaptive in these changing times, and I introduced an analytics framework that the UT System has been developing for several months to help UT institutions become even more productive, transparent, and accountable to the people of Texas. I asked the Board for its support of my framework as the plan for advancing our institutions, and I asked for the Board’s support to allow the outstanding UT presidents the opportunity to lead and implement the plan on their respective campuses.

I am pleased to report the Board of Regents adopted my recommendations unanimously for this new framework, and I am confident it will further advance excellence throughout the UT System.

I look forward to working with each of you, the Board of Regents and the 15 UT institution presidents as we strive to promote and advance our education, research, patient care and service mission for the people of our great state and beyond.

I am profoundly grateful for your voice and continued support of our mission to provide students with an education of the first class.

Chancellor Francisco G. Cigarroa, M.D.

http://www.UTSystem.edu © 2014 The University of Texas System.
601 Colorado Street, Austin, Texas 78701-2982. (512)499-4200