About the Office of Employee Benefits
The Office of Employee Benefits (OEB) will lead in designing, implementing, and administering high quality, cost effective benefit programs for employees and retirees to support the mission of The University of Texas System.
The primary objective of the OEB is to maximize the benefits and services that employees and retirees of The University of Texas System receive for each dollar spent on benefits. In doing so, OEB, while working within the limitations of the marketplace, must weigh the needs and desires of employees, retirees, and their dependents who participate in the benefit plans through the U.T. System’s 16 institutions, including U.T. System Administration.
Responsibilities and Duties
OEB is responsible for seeking proposals for medical, dental, prescription drug, vision care, term life, accidental death and dismemberment, long term disability and long-term care program contracts. OEB analyzes all bids received and makes recommendations as to which bids should be accepted. OEB is also responsible for the overall administration of the contracts, which are approved by The University of Texas Board of Regents.
Inherent to these duties are:
- Monitoring employee benefits to ensure their compliance with state statutes and contractual obligations.
- Representation of members via insurance consultants and claims adjudication.
- Data maintenance and transmission to and from the various insurance vendors.
- Communication of benefit information to members and administrators.
OEB works closely with, and receives invaluable assistance from the Human Resource Departments of each institution.
OEB was established by Article 3.50-3 of the Texas Insurance Code and complies with state laws and statutes pertinent to employee benefits for The UT System. Article 3.50-3 was recodified by the 77th Texas Legislature to Chapter 1601.
View The Office of Employee Benefits Organization Chart
Office of Employee Benefits STAFF
- Arizpe-Sanchez, Maria: Senior Designer
- Bunce, Christine: Senior Benefits Analyst
- Caperton, Kim: Senior Benefits Accountant
- Chambers, Laura: Director of Office of Employee Benefits
- Cotton, John: Assistant Director, Employee Benefits
- Craig, Kevin: Systems Analyst
- Crayton, Marian: Supervisor, Information Systems
- Davenport, Shaun: Benefits Specialist
- Edwards, Stephen: Senior Systems Analyst
- Eivens, Craig: Benefits Supervisor
- Fasse, Jessica: Administrative Associate
- Garlock, Laura B.: Benefits Analyst
- Godwin, Faye: Assistant Director, Employee Benefits
- Hu, Vincent: Health and Wellness Intern
- Johnson, Elizabeth: Accounting Associate
- Johnson, Irma: Insurance Specialist
- Leong, Lisa: Senior Financial Analyst
- Marrs, Charles: Retirement Programs Analyst
- McKinney, Miriam: Systems Analyst
- McPherson, Sunny: Administrative Assistant
- Moore, James: Information Security Specialist
- Morel, Gwendolyn: Senior Benefits Analyst
- Morman, Scott: Senior Business Analyst, UTShare
- Nichols, June: Systems Analyst
- Parrish, Marc: Supervisor, Information Systems
- Pekar, Sarah H.: Administrative Project Coordinator
- Peticolas, Anne: Systems Analyst
- Polonski, Tara: Accounting Associate
- Reynolds, Cat: Systems Analyst
- Roman, Rolando: Manager of Wellness Programs
- Rowell, Lance: Supervisor, Information Systems
- Santos, Vilma: Benefits Billing Supervisor
- Shipley, Kathi: Assistant Director, Finance
- Spencer, Wendy: Benefits Billing Analyst
- Srinivasan, Radhika: Senior Systems Analyst
- Stewart, Daniel N.: Associate Vice Chancellor for Employee Benefits and Services
- Trepanier, Shelley: Senior Administrative Associate
- Wall, Kosima: Benefits Associate
- Westmoreland, Bob: Benefits Supervisor
- Williams, Michael: Senior Systems Analyst
Location and Contact Information
The University of Texas System Administration
Office of Employee Benefits
702 Colorado Street, Room 2.100
Austin, TX 78701
Phone: (512) 499-4616
Fax: (512) 499-4620